Old December 16th 04, 01:57 AM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2004-12-16, pigo penned:

Make sure that you are not over cranking them. If you need to, they're
probably too big. Cramping can result from trying to grip the bottom of
your boot with your toes. Custom orthotics help that. You can also get what
feel like a cramp when boots are too narrow at the base of your toes and
kind of fold your foot between the ball of your foot and the other 4 toes.
You won't believe the kind of pain that that compression can cause.

Bootfitter. It doesn't mean that you got the wrong boots. IMO, 99% of boot
buyers need some adjustment. If you paid more than bargain basement for
them, fitting should be included.

Ayup. I got these at Surefoot, a bootfitter with many locations around the
area, precisely because they're service-oriented and will keep adjusting the
boot until it does finally work for you.

It occurs to me that I'm not really sure what I was looking for when I made
the original post. I think I meant to ask, "Is it normal to have slight
discomfort that goes away after a few days of skiing on your new boots?" I
suppose that would have been a much shorter post =P

--
monique
Longmont, CO