Old December 16th 04, 12:41 AM
pigo

"Monique Y. Mudama" wrote in message
Does anyone have any advice on what to do to get used to new boots?

I tried them out for the first time yesterday, at Beaver Creek. Eric was
in a
mogul mood (as per usual), so that's most of what we did. Ripsaw was the
best; it doesn't get much sun, so the snow was still nice.

Make sure that you are not over cranking them. If you need to, they're
probably too big.
Cramping can result from trying to grip the bottom of your boot with your
toes. Custom orthotics help that. You can also get what feel like a cramp
when boots are too narrow at the base of your toes and kind of fold your
foot between the ball of your foot and the other 4 toes. You won't believe
the kind of pain that that compression can cause.

Bootfitter. It doesn't mean that you got the wrong boots. IMO, 99% of boot
buyers need some adjustment. If you paid more than bargain basement for
them, fitting should be included.

pigo