Old September 19th 03, 09:07 PM
Brian Edmonds

Default looking for content: rec.skiing.announce

Brian Edmonds writes:
What I am looking for, in the main, is for people to submit content to
the group (ie. post!).

I have now received and approved a few nice, topical messages to the
group. Many thanks to those who submitted them, and I look forward to
getting more new content in the future. I have yet to hear from any FAQ
maintainers, but it could be that there are none.

I am also interested in finding hierarchy users who are willing to
serve on the moderation team for the group. these should be people
who are also interested in going out and finding useful content for
the group, but knowledgeable and respected participants in rec.skiing
newsgroups who only have enough time to help with moderation are also
welcome.

I have yet to hear from a single moderation volunteer. I *can* continue
to moderate myself, as the amount of work is negligible, but it would be
nice to find a few mods from the hierarchy, both to cover periods when
I'm offline (it happens, really! , and also hopefully to take a lead
role in finding and developing new content sources.

This should be the last message you'll see from me for a while about
this newsgroup, so if you're thinking of volunteering or posting an
announcement or two, don't wait for another invitation...

Brian.