Old January 2nd 08, 03:22 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Neil Gendzwill

Default Little Kid Snowboarding in Colorado

Speedskater wrote:
Where in Colorado can a 3 year old kid snowboard? Probably in or near
Summit County. I was just told that kid's need to be 5 years old to
snowboard in Colorado (or maybe at some resorts).

I wasn't aware that there are any rules, or do you mean that you're
looking for a snowboard school that will teach a 3 year old? It's a
pretty rare 3 year old that can handle a snowboard, they are usually
much better off on skis and from personal experience with my kids even
that doesn't always work out so young.

My advice is to put them on skis and have realistic (low) expectations
for whether they will do well/enjoy it.

Neil