Old August 31st 05, 03:00 AM
Walt

Bob Lee wrote:
ant wrote:

Italy has been a popular destination with Australians, as it's cheaper than
a lot of euro destinations and the food's up to our standards ...

By "our standards" I assume you mean cheap. You couldn't possibly mean
they serve excellent Vegemite sandwiches and Kangaroo Tail soup in
Cortina?

Italians are pretty good chefs. I'll bet they could cook up a mean
Kangaroo tail in a pinch. Vegemite, OTOH, is probably unredeemable,
even by the Italians. Maybe if you diluted it with enough anchovies
it'd be palatable...

Just kidding. but your claim got me to thinking, "what high food
standards does Austrailia maintain?" A little googling got me he
http://www.convictcreations.com/culture/foodwine.htm

There's actually an Austrailian restaurant in Flagstaff - I forget
what it's called, but I've been there and the food was pretty good.
Probably not authentic, but who can say?

All in all, it's a pretty amusing site.

Yup. Here's another:
http://www.cockeyed.com/inside/vegemite/vegemite.html

--