Old February 1st 06, 03:06 PM

Default Off piste from Heavenly

I have done next to no off piste skiing, but I am very interested in
giving it a go in the next couple of weeks (5th to the 20th). I have a
season pass for heavenly, so I shall be going there most of the time.

I friend of mine said "You drop off the path between the California and
Nevada sides". Is this reasonble? I guess you cannot get lost, as you
are completely enclosed by the resort and the village. Is it safe to
do it alone (I would probably have a mobile phone)? What sort of skill
levels are required? If it is not sensible to do it alone, then can
anyone sugest how to hook up with others? Can you recomend anywhere
else I can go?

I can get down everything I have found on piste at most of the tahoe
resorts, including Kirkwood. I have often skied the bits next to the
piste with trees on, and have once during a leason been taken on a
little trip off piste.