Old December 3rd 11, 11:02 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
runcyclexcski

Default White bases at the biathlon world cup

On Dec 3, 6:43*pm, runcyclexcski wrote:
they make you watch the same disturbing add 3 times if you scroll
down.

Did they finally realize they could just glue PTFE directly to ski
bases, instead of making you iron fluorocarbons on? Took them a while.

On Dec 2, 6:57*pm, "Mike" wrote:

"lolix" wrote in message

Unless I'm wrong, Martin Fourcade's skis have plain white bases at his
victory in Östersund.

Check the video around 10'14http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xmodct_biathlon-20111130-ostersund-i...

Thanks!!
Mike

On a second note, this could be just old good HDPE (polyethylene/
polypropylene) which is white/translucent in virgin form. They can add
any dye they want to make the ski bases any color. I had a pair of
skis ~20 years ago with white bases. In that case, no major changes to
the base chemistry, keep ironing in the fluoros in and inhaling the
teflon fumes and decomposition products.