Old February 11th 04, 01:41 AM
mark

"Monique Y. Herman" wrote
Heh. No. I was the chick on alpine skis taking my sweet time. A few
turns, stop, find a line, rinse, repeat. I never fell, though. Oddly
enough, it seemed easier to turn on this steeper slope than on
less-steep slopes, so the moguls weren't as intimidating. Weird.

monique

If you are skiing well, moving your body in the direction of the turn
instead of leaning back into the hill, a steeper slope will be easier to
make turns on.

Sounds like you're skiing quite nicely. With practice, "a few turns, stop,
etc." will evolve into more and more turns, until you're linking turns top
to bottom.