Old September 3rd 14, 02:43 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Bob Schwartz[_2_]

Default NOS ski prep

One of the kids on our team is the owner of a pair
of new, old stock skis. The model year is, I think,
four years behind the current one. Got a screamin'
deal on them.

These things have been sitting in a shop for a couple
of years. I'm unfamiliar with how skis are packaged
at the factory, do I need to worry about oxidation
having taken place over that amount of time? Should
I scrape them before letting the kid wax them for the
upcoming season?

Bob Schwartz

---