Old January 27th 09, 03:49 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Default ski from Fallen Leaf lake to Lake Aloha, Deso wilderness

On Jan 26, 5:23*pm, "
wrote:

Interesting. Can I rent one in Truckee? Can I add everyone's emails at
RSN to the list?

with guides who know what they are doing.- Hide quoted text -

http://www.rei.com/product/766529

With a SPOT Satellite Messenger, Backpacker April '08 states, ''Now
you can call in a rescue—or simply send the OK signal—from anywhere.''
The world's first satellite messenger, SPOT sends your coordinates and
messages via commercial satellite to inform others of your location
and status.
Offers an affordable alternative to personal locator beacons,
satellite phones and cell-based GPS trackers
Provides virtually full coverage in North America, Europe and
Australia
Also covers portions of South America, northern Africa and
northeastern Asia, along with thousands of miles of offshore areas
''Alert 911'' function dispatches emergency responders to your exact
location
Use ''Help'' feature to request assistance from friends or family
''Check In'' allows you to transmit your location and that you are okay