Old January 22nd 05, 12:10 PM
Riding Wolf

I wouldn't buy a Burton a a first board.
I know they are extreemly good, but you pay too much for the name aswell.

Go to a few shops and just listen to what they are good boards for a
starter, what their prices are etc...
And don't stay with one shop because they are the only one who sell brand X.
If a shopkeeper tells me that duckstance is history and that I should change
my stance and take lessons so I could learn to board decently, then it's
over for me. (Happened a month ago) Even he was about my only address were I
could possibly get on a Option Board, but found a way around it and my board
is now on it's way here.

Newbie or advanced they should treat you with some respect.
Personaly I'd say have a look at Ride boards and I think that GNU are fair
priced boards aswell.

"Oymit" schreef in bericht
Hi guys,

This winter I came back from Austria and suddenly knew it, I
needed my own snowboard. After two years of lessons, of which
the last year was in the advanced group, I know that I'm gonna
ride next year and the year after...and so on

But now I need to buy me a board, and got the following
questions:
- When is the best time to buy one (because of the discounts,
new collections coming up?)
- I thought about a Nitro board, but that's just because I like
the style and image. I don't really freestyle or something, just
rip down those slopes

I have done some research and come up with the following models:
- Nitro Voltage Series
- Burton Air
- Salonom Link (Maybe Salomon Shade)

These are my specs:

- 2 years of snowboard experience
- freeride to versatile rider
- 190 lbs
- 6.2 feet

So I guess I'm in the 162 / 164 segment....

Can anybody give me some good advice??

Thanks,
Oymit

Posted with NewsLeecher v2.0 Beta 5