Old April 1st 05, 02:55 AM
lonerider

I'm a new boarder (I've only been a couple times), but I think I know
what sort of riding I want to do. I'm more interested in freeride

then
anything else. I am a rather large fellow: 6'3" 220lb and I got some
solomon boots 11 1/2. My weight floats a bit depending on how busy I

am
at work, but I generally range between 190-220lb.

So I'm trying to determine what boards I should try to demo.

thanks,

--Matt

Oh, I forgot to mention a KEY thing I love about Donek. They are very
confidant that you will like their boards and really care if you enjoy
your board that they offer two great programs. The first is there FREE
demo program, yep... you just call them up (you will likely talk to
owner/maker Sean Martin or his wife), give them your address, and what
board you would like to demo (if you don't know what you want, Sean
will offer suggestions and lots of information)... and they will mail
it to your for free. You ride it to see if you like it, have it waxed,
and send it back. You pay for shipping back - so it isn't free free,
but still I wish other companies did that. On top of that... if you buy
a board and decide you don't like it within 30 days of receiving it,
send it back and they will refund you the board AND the cost of
shipping. It's that type of customer service ontop of a great board for
a good price that makes Donek the first company many people suggest.

Again I'm not paid by Donek (I don't even get free stickers from them),
and there are several other board manufacturers that are great as
well... which I will again mention if you ask (but not here to save
space as you can see I'm a bit wordy in my postings).