Old March 25th 05, 08:07 PM
MattB

TexasSkiNut wrote:
AstroPax wrote:

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 MattB wrote:

I think I took my best ski photo yet:

http://mattb.net/images/galleries/2005-03-24%20(Powder%20day%20at%20Monarch)/DSC01015.JPG

I agree. Nice shot !

Ditto. I whipped out my protractor and it looks like that slope is
around 40 degrees, as measured assuming the trees are vertical. Looks
like some fun terrain.

Thanks! It means a lot to hear this from Astro.

It's pretty steep there, and as far as I can recall the trees were
pretty vertical, so your measurement may be right. This terrain is an
absolute blast and I can't express how excited it made me to have this
become part of the regular area.
There's also a bunch of cliffs scattered around below, so you'd need a
good self-arrest, just in case.
I'm hoping some of the trees below the cliffs will be thinned a bit. I
wouldn't feel comfortable dropping some of these into the thick, old
growth glades. That much speed around lots of big trees might not be
such a good combo.

Matt