Old February 20th 05, 07:28 PM
funkraum

"Nick Hounsome" wrote:
"Switters" wrote in message
"Snorer" wrote:

Was told that it could be used as a weapon and was refused.

Sometimes, I have been tempted to show them that you do not need an
object of any kind to kill someone.

Virtually anything could be used as a weapon. A ski boot is pretty
unwieldy though. Why don't they just tranquillise everyone as soon as
they step into the departure lounge?

It's not just weapons either - Just back from Selva and one of our party was
told he couldn't take his plastic cable ties (God knows why he had them
anyway).

I can only think that they imagine they are to be used to bind a
hostage. Why not just belt, stockings, string ?

People carry cable-ties to seal baggage, repair luggage, but I have
never been asked to leave mine. Many US airports have mail machines on
the way to security where you can mail objects they will confiscate. I
always carry a large synthetic addressed envelope in order to mail
anything which I am being asked to leave.

I would not care if they were smart enough to pick-out the next bunch
of rag-heads intent on massacre but they just are not.