Old September 9th 04, 09:42 PM
Carl_M

"Simon Brown" wrote in message ...

Anyone got any suggestions or hints for using a digital camera when the sun
is shining in winter? With my SLR I had filters and stuff, don't seem to
exist in the digital world.

BTW it eats batteries, thank goodness for rechargeables.

Take a sealable plastic bag and put the camera in it before you come
indoors. Digital cameras do not like water and the condensation if
you bring the cold camera into a warm high humidity environment may
cause damage. A plastic bag keeps the camera in a low humidity
environment until it has warmed up to room temperature.

As long as the exposore is reasonable I find it easier to make
adjustments after I have taken the photo. The options in paint shot
photo album or equivalent can get rid of thinks like blue snow. If
you want to spend more time and money getting your photos exactly
right a photo editing software is the way to go.

To prolong battery life keep the camera (as much as possible) and the
spare batteries warm (inside your coat) and switch off the LCD screen.