Old September 9th 04, 09:14 AM
Simon Brown

Thanks - I'll see how it goes once we get some snow here and come back if I
have problems.

Must say I am quite amazed with the Z3 - 48x zoom and an anti-shake system
that really works. Point and shoot - even a clown like myself has no
problem. I may get a wide-angle thingy.

And 512 MB card for CHF 110 (45 quid-ish). I remember a 64 MB disk drive
costing 50,000 quid in 1983.
--
Simon Brown
www.hb9drv.ch

"PG" wrote in message

Nice pictures Simon.... I've used a 5m pixel Nikon Coolpix 5700 for the
last year (loads of stuff under photos as http://bsm.alpesprovence.net )
and not had any problems at all with glare, in the sunniest of weather
on the peaks. I do have a lens hood that improves quality a bit though.
You can get screw in filters for some digitals.

The best buy I made recently was a LowePro backpack camera bag. Unzips
horizontally halfway down so camera accessories compartment is in
bottom, and nothing comes into contact with wet gloves/bottles etc in
top half. Often cart both still camera and camcorder around now when I'm
skiing.

Pete