Old September 9th 04, 08:57 AM
PG

"Simon Brown" wrote in message
| Hi All,
|
| Just bought a Minolta DiMAGE Z3 and am very impressed.
|
| High resolution, My balcony
| http://www.hb9drv.ch/PICT0002.JPG
| Standard resolution, Laax
| http://www.hb9drv.ch/PICT0042.JPG
| http://www.hb9drv.ch/PICT0048.JPG
|
| I'll have a poodle with me over Christmas / New Year so will be
walking in
| the mountains rather than skiing so will have the camera with me.
|
| Anyone got any suggestions or hints for using a digital camera when
the sun
| is shining in winter? With my SLR I had filters and stuff, don't seem
| exist in the digital world.
|
| BTW it eats batteries, thank goodness for rechargeables.

Nice pictures Simon.... I've used a 5m pixel Nikon Coolpix 5700 for the
last year (loads of stuff under photos as http://bsm.alpesprovence.net )
and not had any problems at all with glare, in the sunniest of weather
on the peaks. I do have a lens hood that improves quality a bit though.
You can get screw in filters for some digitals.

The best buy I made recently was a LowePro backpack camera bag. Unzips
horizontally halfway down so camera accessories compartment is in
bottom, and nothing comes into contact with wet gloves/bottles etc in
top half. Often cart both still camera and camcorder around now when I'm
skiing.

Pete