Old December 23rd 13, 06:27 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Default Early snow now gone from Rochester NY- Waaaaaa!

We've had a lot here in Bozeman the past few days, so maybe some more
is on the way.

Gene

On Sun, 22 Dec 2013 12:06:36 -0500
gr wrote:

We had a nice batch of early snow, starting just before Thanksgiving
and lasting up to Dec. 20. A good 10" sitting on the ground and more
in the blessed areas, so we got in some early season skiing. Now the
warm spell and rain has washed it away (an dumped a bit of ice storm
in some areas). Still hope that means this will be a bumper season!

Osceola XC ski area (Tug Hill area of upstate NY) has reported 100"
of snow as of last week- which is unusual even for them (they
normally get 300" in a season)- so off to a great start!
GR