Old November 3rd 03, 10:49 AM

Default snowboarding and a bad back

rwbw soho wrote:

My wife is willing to give snowboarding a try this year, problem is she
has had 2 bad back spasms about 6 and 4 years ago. This summer she has
taken up jogging (10K) and stretching (mainly back excercises). We are
both 40 years old. Her back sometimes gets tingly when she lifts heavy
things every now and then and this is a problem thatruns in her family.

Hi! So am i...

I'm 41. I have the similar problem since 25 years old. I've been
snowboarding for 3 years and had no spasms while boarding.
Althow I have one or two spasms per year. A correlation is not observed :-)

And: Is this just a bad idea?

It's your (and her) choice.
I thing, it worth trying.
Warmup like uphill walking is good precaution!

Alexey