Old November 4th 03, 05:39 AM
rwbw soho

Default snowboarding and a bad back

My wife is willing to give snowboarding a try this year, problem is she
has had 2 bad back spasms about 6 and 4 years ago. This summer she has
taken up jogging (10K) and stretching (mainly back excercises). We are
both 40 years old. Her back sometimes gets tingly when she lifts heavy
things every now and then and this is a problem thatruns in her family.

My question is: Does anyone out there snowboard with a back that has
had these similar problems? And: Is this just a bad idea? She is very
careful and we don't plan on doing anything wild. Does snowboarding put
a lot of strain on your back? I have been only snowboarding for a year
and don't remember my back feeling strained, just my legs.

rwbw.