Old March 3rd 08, 12:42 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Default Economic strategies for trail systems...

FYI: In the local foundation setting up grooming for trails, they found
that the snowmobile needs to go quite slow to do a good job (I don't
know why though), and because of this a std air cooled machine does not
work (overheats), and a pricier water cooled snowmobile is needed. They
had to get rid one an air cooled one at the one site and replace it.
gr

This is because the county bought the wrong machine in the first
place. The Ski-doo Skandic SWT is a proven machine for grooming ski
trails and is used by many to groom. The equipment operator also has
to understand how to properly operate the equipment. I have groomed
with Skandics for years and they work great. I have also groomed with
lesser machines with good results also, just need to use more brains.
Fast skis do not always mean fast skier, good machines do not always
mean good grooming- both take learning and practice.

Joe