Old January 20th 05, 08:04 AM
Switters

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 02:04:23 GMT, "Mike M. Miskulin"
allegedly wrote:

After C. Kelly died I made a donation to the Canadian Avalanche
group and they sent out a book as well. After reading that no
way would I go near out of bounds without a proper course first
and beacon, etc.

Indeed. A course is essential as you get to learn from an expert and it
helps consolidate information that you read, hear etc. There's nothing
like digging your own snow pit and learning from what's really there,
especially with an expert to help out.

After that, it's a case of building up experience by going out with people
that know better.

Of course, as Kelly and his group demonstrated so graphically, even the
experts can be caught out.

Which book did you get?

- Dave.

http://www.vpas.org/ - Snowboarding the worlds pow pow -