Old March 4th 04, 07:15 PM
Gene Goldenfeld

Default Keski 25k Classic. View from the back.

I haven't figured out optimal sequences, but would assume that lower key
volume is more easily obtained with classical. For most of us,
conditions help determine this, since early snows tend to support
striding, even if it's only trudging around.

Gene

Eddy Rapid wrote:

Gene Goldenfeld wrote:
Just thinking about
the pacing, the ebbs and flows of classic intensity tend to be more
linear aerobically while skating is more highs and lows. The former
gives more endurance and sustained medium to high intensity practice,
while the latter trains more quick power but is also more draining
overall.

Your thinking seems about right to me. I'll try to check this out with my
HR monitor by covering the same kind of loop alternating techniques, going
as hard as I can. I wonder, then, whether there's an optimal classic-skate
training sequence as in early season training doing classic, in terms of
core strength, and later, sprint and interval, training doing skating.

Parham.