Old February 23rd 07, 08:07 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier

Default Can I set my own bindings?

Walt wrote:
VtSkier wrote:

Plenty of snow actually, just bored at work.

How long do you think it's going to last? I'm looking at taking the
second week in April (7-14) off for a ski trip. Yeah, it's late and I
don't think I want to lock myself in with a plane ticket, but
Vermont/Quebec is a viable driving destination.

So, what's the prognosis, doc? Think it'll last through mid-april?

//Walt

Killington's April Event Calendar:
7-8 14th Annual Spring Loaded Pro/AM Snowboard Event
8 Easter Sunday Sunrise Service and Easter Egg Hunt
14 11th Annual Sunshine Daydream Festival
21 26th Annual Pond Skimming Contest

Actually the BEST weekend is March 31/April 1. It's the
27th annual Bear Mountain Mogul Challenge. The event is
secondary to the party that goes with it. The entire base
of Bear Mountain is set up with tents and party-ers with
a view to the competition. Good skiing can be had elsewhere
too, since most everybody is at the party. It's huge.

Trouble is, the last few years have been crappy weather.
If the weather proves to be good this year, it will
be REALLY HUGE. Maybe with ASC gone, this can happen.

Sunshine Daydream is just plain fun. Our boss, Griz (google
him) looks a bit like Gerry Garcia, he is taller at 6'-4"
though.

Actually, yeah, I do think it will last through mid April.
So far it always has. Any later than that, you may be down
to skiing Super Star with "some walking required".