Old March 7th 04, 10:06 AM
Terje Mathisen

Default Other Interests

Chris Cline wrote:
Running in the summer-- yes, I know it trashes my knees, but the mountains in
Salt Lake are just too close to pass up, and I feel like I have a target painted

They are nice, aren't they? :-)

Summer of '92, just before returning to Norway, I got the chance to join
the guy who'd invited me to come to Utah (Paul Turner) on a hike up to
Timp (i.e. Mt Timpanogous (spelling?)).

We took almost exactly two hours, getting up to the final ridge in time
for sunrise (_very_ pretty, let me tell you).

Up on the summit we met quite a few people who'd tented on the final
meadow and walked up, one of them asked us how long we taken. When we
replied '2 hours' he condescendingly told us hiw wife took just 1:50+ or
something.
:-)

Later he did admit that she was the current local triathlon champion.

Anyway, the only problems with trips like this is that you should have a
cable car to take you back down, those downhill jogging trips with tired
legs are murder on your knees and ankles. :-(

Terje
--
-