Old November 28th 06, 08:21 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.skiing.alpine
coolblock

Default Driving in Austria and Germany

This post reminds me of a episode I had back in 1990 in Austria.I
crossed the Austrian border about midnight and there wqs nobody at the
crossing,it looked totally deserted.Anyway a couple days later I was
driving on the autobahn and I happened into an area that actually had a
speed limit and naturally I was exceeeding it and a nice policeman
pulled me over.He spoke almost no English and right away he could tell
I was clueless.He finally made me understand I needed a "sticker"...not
a problem I gave him 30 or 40 US dollars and he waved me on and never
bothered with the speeding infraction