Old July 14th 10, 04:59 PM posted to rec.skiing.backcountry
lal_truckee

Default Ski lift, Five Lakes area, Alpine Meadows CA?

On 7/14/10 7:51 AM, AES wrote:
As a postscript to this post: Returnng home from our Five Lakes
excursion via Old 40 over Donner Pass we noticed the Donner Summit
Historical Society building in Norden:

http://www.donnersummithistoricalsociety.org

and stopped for a visit. Funky place, tons of interesting stuff, and
good coffee -- will be a regular stop for future trips.

Nice establishment - lots of ski history on Donner Summit.

Dick *Mad Dog* Buek lived in that neighborhood. 1950ish American
downhill racer, known for winning or crashing. No second place for him.