Old September 3rd 03, 03:29 PM
revyakin

Default From Cyclist to Skier - the transformation

succeed at skiing. Perhaps other sports than running that have more
technical aspects would produce better skiers. I don't know of any other
nations that have tried to produce skiers from runners or other athletes.

I believe the feel of balance is the key, apart from being fit as an
endurance athelte. As a result, transition from sports like ice
skating, road biking, and mountain biking to XC skiing should be more
or less smooth. Running does not require much balancing... balancing
skills of a runner are not much more advanced than the balancing
skills of a 2 year old kid who just learned to walk.