Old November 11th 04, 05:57 PM
Rob White

Been there a couple of times and liked it. Its bit like four smaller
resorts well linked together and you get a feeling if getting about. Their
website says its the 2nd biggest ski area, and also the sunniest, so that
pretty good (if its true!). There good variety and being not too high there
are some good tree runs. That said the top of the Monetier area is very
high. Some good eateries about the slopes and a 1/2 decent bus service
along the valley linking the villages. The only real drawback is the number
of drag lifts higher up. The reason we're going again is to see our son take
part in the army's racing - just an excuse really.

Rob
"Paul Schofield" wrote in message
.. .
"Rob White" wrote in message

Can anybody recommend a self-catering chalet in Serre Chevalier? 7 of

us
for the week commencing 22/1/05.

Hi Rob, Never been there, what's it like?

One of our group has to get there from
Meribel and his plan is to ski over the Val Thorens (with his clothing

etc
in a big rucksack) and take the bubble down to Orelle. I'd rather him

than
me but he's young(ish), fit and a good skier. It seems that he can get

bus or train to Oulx and from there get to S/Chev on a bus or taxi via
Cesana and the Montgenevre pass. Any better ideas?

Rob

Just had a quick look at www.satobus-alps.com and they run buses to both
Meribel Centre and to Serre-Chevalier. You'll have to check the timetable
(doesn't appear to be online) but it looks like it might be possible to

bus
to Lyon Airport and then catch another bus to Serre Chevalier. Or possibly
better bet find a chalet operator that has to do an morning pick-up from
Meribel and get/pay for a lift with them to the airport.

--
Paul Schofield

Time flies like an arrow
Fruit flies like a banana