Old November 2nd 04, 04:22 PM
Ace

On 29 Oct 2004 09:38:10 -0700, (Roger)
wrote:

if so - what was it like?

Couchette cars, with six beds to a compartment - bottom ones double up

I've done the overnight Couchette train thing a few times - the one
I'm talking about goes in the day.

Ahh, well I'm not sure what your question is then - clearly there are
trains, and they'll have seats on them, just like any other train, I
imagine. And

And I thought the TGV trains were modern / fast / sexy things, not the
40 year old sleeper trains?

Well the sleeper cars I've used are still the same as they ever were.
Overnight they don't need, or indeed want, to go fast so I guess
there's no reason to update them

--
Ace (brucedotrogers a.t rochedotcom)
Ski Club of Great Britain -