Old April 9th 08, 06:10 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Terje Mathisen

Default Looking for one Swix cork handle

Camilo wrote:
I tried to fashion a replacement piece of cork for my daughter's from
a sheet of cork material I have in the garage (gasket material). It
wouldn't work because the cork on the grip is actually sculpted or
molded to a varying thickness. You might be able to cobble something
together if you're more clever than I am.

I did this as a temporary measure, by first taping a set of thin strips
of weed to the bare pole, then wrapping the result in the cork sheet.

Since the strips were placed to equal the extra thickness of the grip
(front/back), the final grip did work for some weeks until I could
replace it. (With a grip from a broken pole, afair)

Terje

--
-