Old April 9th 08, 01:47 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Default Looking for one Swix cork handle

No solace, but Swix cork grips are typically made with two seams, which
apparently is why they are so flimsy.

Camilo wrote:

On Apr 5, 9:24 am, Gunde wrote:
I recently left the cork portion of my pole handle on the Birken
trail. If you have recently suffered a broken pole or just have an
extra Swix cork handle laying around, I would like to buy it.

As an alternative, I still have the functional plastic portion of the
grip. What could I place in the hand-hold portion of the handle to
fill it like the cork?

Thanks for your help

I feel your pain! I've lost the cork portion of swix grips more than
once, but luckily stopped and picked up the pieces both times. My
daughter wasn't so smart/lucky and lost the cork on hers. There is no
alternative that I have found to buying a new grip. That's
unfortunate because they are absurdly expensive.

I tried to fashion a replacement piece of cork for my daughter's from
a sheet of cork material I have in the garage (gasket material). It
wouldn't work because the cork on the grip is actually sculpted or
molded to a varying thickness. You might be able to cobble something
together if you're more clever than I am.