Old January 20th 08, 02:54 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Melinda Shore

Default What are typical low end temperatures for XC?

In article ,
DirtRoadie wrote:
In any case, what is the coldest typical daytime temperature that
those of you in other parts of the country or world typically ski at?
And when I say "typically" I mean just that - not some extreme that
you experienced at one time or another.

I find 15F to be just about ideal for skiing. How cold I'll
go depends on the wind. 5F can be really comfortable on a
sunny windless day but extremely unpleasant if it's
blustery. I don't ski if it's below 0F.