Old January 7th 08, 11:08 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard

Default Boot inserts - anyone use them?

A couple of seasons ago I added some extra boot inner soles, and they
helped keep my foot more snug in each boot and reduced heel lift. Only
thing is, the boots are a little tight at the toes. I am thinking of
getting new boots, so was wondering whether most experienced boarders
manage to find boots which fit just right without inserts, or whether
inserts are very common now and I should take them along when I try on
new boots? I've been boarding 7 years and this will be my first pair
of new boots, though I might wait a while as it's not urgent for this
season, I'll just loosen the laces more. Cheers.. Tom, London.