Old August 6th 07, 03:33 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

Default Whistler Peak to Peak Gondola

Mike Treseler wrote:
Gilbert Baron wrote:
How many think this thing will really open this winter?

Why would I spend time on a gondola that
gains no elevation.

That's an obvious question. Here's a partial answer: It's spring and
only the top half of the mountain is open. You spend the AM on Whistler
and decide to spend the afternoon on Blackcomb. As it is now, you have
to download to the base and then take a gondola up to the *bottom* of
the skiable terrain, spending time on *two* gondolas that gain no
elevation. The new thing might save some time.

That said, it still seems like a waste of lift capacity. But they don't
build this kind of stuff for me.

if It does I
want to go although I don't have anyone to go with. My wife does not
ski.

My wife went to the dump and watched eagles and bears while I skied.
She's more eager to go back than I am.

//Walt