Old July 17th 03, 12:45 PM
David Off

Default Tignes Glacier Update

This is a message from the Tignes lift company issued on the 15-7-2003
at 11h20 might be of interest. This has probably been issued in
response to the rumour that they are going to close on the
25/7/2003:-

"The high temperatures and weather conditions that we are experiencing
in the region have not spared the Glacier of the Grande Motte

So, to better satisfy our clients, skiers and boarders alike, and to
offer them the best snow conditions we have decided to advance our
opening and closing times by 30 minutes.

From Wednesday the 16th of July the new times a 6h45 - 12h30.

The forecast for the following days gives us hope for lower
temperatures and possibly some snowfall with the stormy weather. So we
are not yet planning to close the glacier but will channel users into
certain zones and pistes. The snowpark is still in good condition and
everyone seems happy about it."

STGM and Piste Director - Tignes