Old August 19th 05, 04:36 AM
Alaskan Skier

Flying out of Alaska is no problem, connecting isn't a problem if you check
your bags all the way through.

Coming back, I have had some problems, mostly "why is the bag so big?" I
simply say " I have seen how people treat the baggage unloading and loading
and I don't want my skis broken"
Just watch the weight and there shouldn't be a problem.

Mark Strabel

wrote in message
oups.com...
what not to do - volunteer information:
"what's in the bag?"
"four pairs of skis."

"skis." is a better response.

i would always leave my previous baggage claim attached to my ski bag
when i brought it up to the counter so it was obvious that i had flown
with it before. no idea if that helped, but i did it anyway. the only
times i've been harrassed were when my bag was bursting with 10 pr of
skis and approaching 50 pounds.

ah, williams. the carleton of the east.

-phil