Old March 10th 09, 09:53 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Pip Luscher[_3_]

Default The excuses thread

On Tue, 10 Mar 2009 09:29:13 +0000 (UTC), Switters
wrote:

As Champ says, but it only comes into effect if the snow is deeper than
the width of one of the tails.

Also, as the board is 180cm long and very stiff, it's really a "big gun"
for above tree line powder riding. Trying to make fast turns on narrow
paths that you get at the bottom of bowls, through the trees etc, can be
entertaining for everyone not riding it.

I probably wouldn't buy another one though and would instead go for
something like the Burton Fish or Prior Khyber.

But on those days when it's the right tool for the job, it's awesome.

On a slightly different subject, ISTR it wa you who suggested a
different setup on my snowboard last year, which I tried out on my new
one [1]. Worked a treat.

[1] I swore earlier this year that I wouldn't buy a new snowboard; I
couldn't, and it wasn't worth it. Then, purely for curiosity's sake, I
wandered into a shop that sold snowboards. And walked out many pounds
lighter. And a few pounds heavier, too.

--
-Pip