Old October 20th 10, 07:17 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Evojeesus

Default Is skiing reverse camber-rocker tips skis cheating?

On Oct 20, 5:59*pm, lal_truckee wrote:
On 10/20/10 8:18 AM, Evojeesus wrote:

Well, if
people have trouble dealing with other people's tracks in powder they
should consider investing in modern rockered powder skis

Or just learn how to ski. Dancing in the chop is fun. Last year I used
15 year old Snow Rangers I found leaning on a wall here in Truckee.
Excellent skis for chop and powder (and junk and cement.)

I can ski, but having to steer the stiff normal-camber ski through
crappy variable snow is goddamned hard work! I've tried rockered skis
and with those I can just coast through the turn since the rockered
parts of the ski are already bent in the right direction - I can
confidently ski a lot faster - JIIIHHAA!! And for the record, I'll
never stop hip-angulating. I urge everyone to try these things before
condemning them, they make everyone a better skier no matter what's
the starting level.