Old June 21st 05, 02:37 PM
Jim Howe Jim Howe is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by
"hey, Fat Tony, what's in it for me?"

Do people care about the recommended max 85kg limit on rollerski that
are not aluminum?
like honeycomb and wooden cores.
are there any above 90kg using non-aluminum rollerskies, and it works
well?
vagle,

Initially I was concerned about my weight (83-87kg) exceeding the capacity of the Marwes. I contacted Finn Sisu and they assured me that my weight would not be a problem. They stated that they have many skiers around the country in the 185-200lb range skiing on the 610s.

Gene,

My height is 74.67 inches. My pole length is 170cm for both snow and rollerskiing. While standing with my boots on the pole comes up half way between my chin and lower lip.

I used to live in Sacramento and skied at Royal Gorge. I was actually sized with a 167.5cm pole by Noel at Sierra Nordic. I swithced to 170cm because I felt more comfortable getting more leverage with the longer pole.

My classic poles are 160cm and come up to the shoulder joint as Noel recommends. The recommendation for the skate pole is 107% of the classic length.

Noel's formula -

SKATE: 2.26X74.67 = 168.75cm (I use 170cm)

CLASSIC: 2.12x74.67 158.3CM (I use 160cm)

158.3x1.07 = 169.4cm

I think the length's I use are consistent with what Swix charts recommend. Although I noticed last year the length recommendations had increased from the previous year.

I'm wondering what your impression is based on the rollerskiing picture - Too long or too short? I don't notice a significant difference in feel when I go from the snow to dryland skiing.

Jim