Old December 1st 09, 11:05 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Ace[_3_]

Default Tignes accommodation location

On Tue, 1 Dec 2009 10:54:00 -0000, "Paul S" PAULatSONIFEXdotCOdotUK
wrote:

We've managed to book a cheap stay in the Chalet Glacier which is described
as being between Lavachet and Le Lac, but I can't find it on any maps - well
I can but ifyouski put it in the middle of the lake! Does anyone have any
idea where it is please?

Well, Igluski put it off route du lavachet, just up from the Levanna
and right on top of the free chair lift, so that's clearly wrong too.
My best bet, looking at the pictures and descriptions, would be right
next to Paquis and Chaudannes chairs in le Lavachet.

Actually, I'm pretty sure I've found it on google maps, and it looks
like I was right.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=45.471...03358&t=h&z=18

Matt has a good map at
http://www.tignes-lavachet.co.uk/ima...sresortmap.pdf

Looks like it's number 68 on that map, in B5. Must have been renamed.

--
Ace
Ski Club of Great Britain http://www.skiclub.co.uk/