Old February 13th 07, 05:54 PM posted to rec.skiing.backcountry
EdV

Default Telemarking on Non Fluffy Snow

I went to practice telmark turns on the green runs at Afton
Alps(Hastings, MN) last Sunday and didn't feel like I had I was
getting enough edge to feel in control. It was around 10 F on fresh
groomed. Last year I felt fine on these runs but the snow was just a
little slushy at 28F.

The question:

Can getting "lower" help. As in bending knees deeper. It seemed like
it was when I tried it but it was hard to tell on such short runs.
Recall being told this but I didn't really understand how that could
help edge control.

Thanks much,
Ed V.