Old January 10th 05, 01:55 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-01-10, bdubya penned:

It's a recurring bugaboo for me, too. One approach I use (in addition to
all the above good advice about hand position) is to start each turn by
trying to dive forward over the tips and slightly downhill. That's an
exaggerated description, but basically that's how it feels if you're use to
being in the back seat. Like trying to dive into a pool, except your feet
are locked to the ground. Then start the next dive (to the other side)
before it feels like you've finished the prior one. Not exactly orthodox
terminology, but if you've gotten comfy with sitting back, getting forward
really does feel that different.

That's pretty much exactly how one of my instructors described it. I'd kind
of set aside that drill in favor of other ones I. So much to remember! And
I'm not quite sure I ever got the hang of how to do this.

--
monique
Longmont, CO