Old January 10th 05, 01:50 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-01-10, ant penned:

A good cheat for the first week of the season, when DOMS always hits, is
compression tights. I have not found them in the US yet, although they are
in every ski shop in Oz, and the footballers wear them too for training.
I'd love to know where they are available in the US, as they'd be perfect
for people whose ski holiday is often ruined by sore legs. www.skins.com.au
is the mob who supplies them in Australia. They are truly magic. I wear them
for my first week of skiing twice a year; I used to spend about a week in
agony, unable to sit or stand without sighing gustily, and they'd flicker at
night. That's the whole legs, not just bits of them. Now, nothing.

What's DOMS?

I do wear cycling over-tights while skiing. I've been thinking about wearing
hockey compression shorts, but was concerned about what the constriction would
do to my circulation. Full-length would be cool, but I try not to stick
anything but my sock into my boot, to avoid chafing.

--
monique
Longmont, CO