Old October 23rd 09, 02:22 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe,uk.rec.motorcycles
'Hog

Default Daily Mail Ski Show - ouch

platypus wrote:
Steve Parry wrote:
"boots" wrote in message
s.com...
On Fri, 23 Oct 2009 07:36:15 +0100 in uk.rec.motorcycles, The Older
Gentleman says:

DR wrote:

The Older Gentleman posted:
That bloody cost me.

Those who ski have money. Ipso facto.

No. Those who *don't* ski have money. ;-)

There are other more interesting and expensive pastimes to eat up
the cash.

Scuba is more than capable of being a cash sink for example

I got involved in a lunchtime discussion about skiing, about 20 years
ago when I was spending my disposable on pottering about in little
aeroplanes.
"Do you ski, Richard?"
"No."
"Why not?"
"Not expensive enough."

I don't think it is expensive at all. My Columbia Titanium kit has
lasted 8 years so far. Boots are about 6 years old and Volkl titanium
skis are giving years of service.

So it comes down to accommodation. In (for instance) Trois Valee you can
go from a few tens of squids a night in a La Tania bunkhouse to several
hundred in a Courchevel 1850 palace. I've tried both, the former was a
better Beano as it happened.

And if you are really pikey, pack some skins and forget the lift pass.

--
'Hog
'06 ST4-S