Old December 24th 07, 09:36 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard

Default Polarized Snowboard Goggles

On Dec 24, 12:41*pm, Christopher Cox
wrote:
Which polarized Oakley lens do you have that you say is good for the
low/flat light conditions?
Have you compared them to the same color lens without the
polarization?

If they really help significantly, then I would consider getting them.

Hello trader4,

I own the H.I. Amber lens while my son has the VR28's.

It would be best for you to test drive a polarized lens to see if they
would be worth it to you. You could wear a much less expensive set of
polarized sunglasses to experience the effect before making a large
investment.

Thanks for the suggestion. I don;t know why I never thought of
that. I do have a pair of polarized sunglasses so I can easily try
it out!

My friend just got a pair of the non-polarized HI Amber, so I can try
them too.

It is my experience the polarized lenses do make a difference in flat
lighting conditions. I believe this is because your head is always in
motion while boarding. A polarized lens will block/allow different
polarizations of light as your head moves. Your brain builds images
based on this information with the end result being seeing features that
you may have missed in poor lighting conditions.

RAMBLING INFORMATION
LCD monitors use polarized light. While you rotate a polarized lens in
front of a (on)LCD monitor, you will see the monitors display disappear
and reappear depending on the rotation of the polarized lens. You will
notice this while looking through two colorized lenses as well. This is
how I test to see if the lens I am purchasing is really polarized or
just some marketing hype.
/RAMBLING INFORMATION

Hope this helps!

Chris