Old September 19th 10, 03:04 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

Default Is the tree Sonny Bono hit still there?

On Sep 19, 8:44*am, Ted Waldron wrote:

I know you were not trying to rebut. *I was just thinking out loud if
there is *a the finesse of speed while skiing, like downhill racing or
like pretending to be Steve McKinney, and the other end, the weekend
warrior barreling down a slushy blue cruiser. * Sort of finesse versus
sloppy brute speed.

I'd say that there is. The weekend warrior, ala you know who, leans
back, arms out, a millimetre from explosion. The more brute force they
try to use, the less the control. And what's weird to me is that their
actual speed is probably only in the low 30's.

An accomplished skier. Say......on a 207 GS ski. One that can roll
edge to edge, ride flat skis confidently, but also a millimetre from
disaster, just not as likely to get there, probably reaches speeds
somewhere in the 50's. It's the finesse. Letting the skis do their
work and having control over it.