Old March 15th 06, 08:56 AM

Jan Gerrit Klok wrote:

Sounds like you would like winter triathlon: (ski, bike, run)

http://www.home.no/vintertriathlon/W...mpionships.htm

Oh brother, would I ever like that!
Thanks for watering my mouth! (I think biathlon would still satisfy me even
better, and that for an anti-guns person)

Elite and U 23 - 7,5 km run - 12 km MTB - 9 km XC-ski

In triathlon fields I really don't fear the competition on the MTB, in good
shape I should set around the fastest split for that on any level (I'm real
cocky about that, I know).

MTB in Norway is at a pretty high level. You should pop over for some
of the rides. Lots of fun.

In the Netherlands sometimes they do winter triathlon with speedskating
rather than skiing.
Maybe some day...

I'm fascinated by speedskating on TV. Would love to be able to get around a
lap under 40s, but I'm not sure I have the super-fine motoric skills for it.
I could take lessons, but never really did. A man can do only so much...
Don't think that because we have good speedskaters, every city has it's own
ring, not so. I do have rings at 25km, 70km, 110km, 140km, etc from here.
The past years no ice on the channels or lakes to get a good practive. I can
remember when I was on the ice for weeks on end as a kid, and the thing
almost got dull. Thanks el Nino!

I'm not into computers other than surfing, but spent some years in IT
anyway. The administrative and commercial sides of things. I envy your snow!
:-)

What do you mean "the administrative side"? Paperwork, or pushing the
buttons? We are looking for a Systems Administrator for web/email
hosting company.

Joseph

I'll try to get a video shot on my crosskating action for all of you to
comment on. Seems every little thing I improve on my skate, I gain 1kph and
fatigue less.

Happy trails all!

Anyone have a job for me somewhere with XC snow from september to may?

save

What do you do? Computer stuff? September to May might be pushing it
around here, but I'm looking out the window at falling snow (15cm last
12 hours) on 1m base and -5C. And that's at my house by the seaside.
Inland where the trails are is even better.

For those with guaranteed snow in the winters, know how blessed you are!

was glad it didn't RAIN for a couple days here! Thanks for your

compassion.

You guys have great speed-skating facilities. Look on the bright side!

Joseph