Old March 7th 04, 09:58 PM
ILuvIsocyanates

Default My boss suddenly claims that waxing is unnecessary...

A few (not verbatim) quotes from the pages: "basically these days
almost all bases are made by one guy"; "the bases are not porous,
they're just [sic] petex"; "you can paste wax to skis or a board but
you're better off just shaving the top off the base"; and so on.

I told him it smelled like bullhockey to me, but he insists it's
legit and that it came from Snowbird, UT. I don't buy that, either.

Your boss is a complete idiot. Lets assume for a second that he's totally
correct, and bases no longer need wax (yeah right). There are still millions
of boards and skis out there with old bases on them that need wax, or does
he assume that when this "new technology" comes out that 100% of riders will
shell out $300+ for a new base?

My condolences on having to work for such a dumb ****.