Old August 29th 07, 11:16 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
ant[_6_]

Default Surgery Time

vincent walker wrote:
Well, the Orthopedic Surgeon has spoken. My L5 disk is displaced
about 1cm. Surgery is the only real option. He's going to pull it
back into alignment and fix it in place with a couple of screws to
the S1. He tells me he does a 100 of them a year and my prognosis is
95%+ (I hope, I hope). He says that my back should feel better than
in years and I will be able to do everything I want to (I hope, I
hope). September 18th. 2-3 months recovery.

That's excellent, actually. Surgery that actually fixes the problem. So the
disc is OK, it's just moved?
Better than a stupid bulge and resultant OE, that's for sure.

--
ant
Don't try to reply to my email addy: